Final Four Big Dance Concert Series to feature the Black Keys, Kiss and more
The Black Keys, Kiss and Jimmy Buffett are scheduled to rock the upcoming 2012 NCAA Big Dance Concert Series in New Orleans, running in conjunction with the 2012 NCAA Men’s Final Four. Turner Sports and the NCAA produce the free, three-day music festival, which is set to take place March 30 through April 1 at Woldenberg Park in New Orleans during the 2012 NCAA Men’s Final Four weekend.
More entertainment will come from musical acts Blondie, the Avett Brothers, Dr. John, the Funky Meters, Big Sam’s Funky Nation, Cowboy Mouth and Vintage Trouble. The performer times and main schedule will be available soon soon via the NCAA’s official website.
Kiss will kick off the Big Dance Concert Series the Friday evening (March 30) of Final Four weekend, headlining the Block Party. The Black Keys are set to take over the NCAA party Saturday (March 31) and Jimmy Buffett will cap it off Sunday (April 1). Rock music plus basketball? Sounds like a win-win!
In other Kiss news, the guys recently announced a major co-headlining tour with none other than ‘80s rockers Motley Crue. The 40-city jaunt is set to kick off July 20 in Bristow, Va., and wrap Sept. 23 in Hartford, Ct., and each band it set to play around 90 minutes. “We want everybody there. It’s a celebration of freedom,” Kiss’ Paul Stanley said during a press conference. “We’re not going to be talking about toxic sludge. We are there to rock and roll.” For a complete list of tour dates, head to Motley Crue’s artist page.
- The Killers, the Black Keys, Queens of the Stone Age Set for Hangout
- The Black Keys, Slash, Mumford & Sons and More Donating Items for Grammy Charity Sale
- The Black Keys, Linkin Park and fun. Auctioning Personalized Sneakers for Charity
- Black Keys, Lemonheads Members to Perform at Rolling Stones Tribute Shows
- The Black Keys and the Stooges to Release ‘No Fun’ Split 7-inch Vinyl for Record Store Day