DeLuna Fest offers big names: Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Joan Jett, Guided by Voices
Longstanding grunge rockers Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam are confirmed to headline the 2012 DeLuna Fest, and the rest of the lineup isn’t too shabby, either. Florence + the Machine, Ben Folds Five, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, the Wood Brothers, The Joy Formidable, Motopony, the Gills and more are also set to rock the stage September 21 through 23 at Pensacola Beach in Pensacola, Fla.
Festival organizer Scott Mitchell says the festival bookers always strive to get a wide variety of acts to perform at this year’s DeLuna. That means booking artists from back in the day that still enjoy a major following, as well as newer acts. “There are a lot of great acts for people looking to discover the next big thing,” festival organizer Scott Mitchell told Al.com. “The big headliners sell tickets, but you have to have great talent all weekend long, and we think we’ve done that.”
As for some nostalgic names, the DeLuna Fest linup totes Guided by Voices, the Wallflowers, Superchunk, Soul Coughing’s Mike Doughty, Fishbone and Bad Brains, to name a few. Relative newbies on the bill include the Gaslight Anthem, Band of Skulls, City and Colour. Mitchell added that additional acts for the festival will be announced sometime this summer.
General admission weekend passes begin at $159.95 and are available now on the festival’s official website. For more information on DeLuna Fest, including various ticket prices and the full lineup, head to the festival’s site.
- Foo Fighters, Kid Rock, Rage’s Tom Morello Featured on New John Fogerty Album
- Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Performs with the Rolling Stones at Anaheim Concert
- Pearl Jam Guitarist Stone Gossard Talks Solo Project, New Pearl Jam Album
- Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode Join Global Citizen Ticket Initiative
- Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam Members to Take Part in Rock Hall Induction