Metallica drummer doesn’t remember jamming with pro wrestler Hulk Hogan
Remember the story that broke earlier this year in which Hulk Hogan claimed to have auditioned to be a member of iconic metal group Metallica? Well, according to Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich, that whole tale is bunk.
Mr. Ulrich is publicly denying that Hogan, known for his professional wrestling career and reality TV show, auditioned to be the band’s bass player back in the day. In fact, he says he couldn’t have been more shocked to learn Hogan was spreading that tale to the press.
“You know what?! I’m blessed or cursed, depending on how you look at it, with having more or less a photographic memory for pretty much anything that I’ve been a part of,” Ulrich said this week, when asked about the Hogan story. “That one, when that showed up two or three months ago, I was scratching my head over that one. Unless he went by…
“I don’t know Hulk Hogan, I don’t know enough about him… I’m not a huge wrestling [fan]… Unless he went by, like, his Christian name or something, and I don’t know if anybody knows what his Christian name was — Dave Smith or something — if there was a whole thing that we had with him under a different name, but I certainly have no recollection of doing anything with quote Hulk Hogan endquote. That one, I was scratching my head on that one, too.” Who do you believe: Ulrich or Hogan? Let us know in the comments section, below.
- Metallica Release Signature Ski Line
- Metallica’s Robert Trujillo Raising Funds for Jaco Pastorius Documentary
- The Black Keys, Metallica, Dave Grohl and More to Play ‘The Concert for Valor’
- Metallica Announce Week-Long Residency on ‘The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson’
- Mother Love Bone, Metallica, Korn and Judas Priest Among Record Store Day Black Friday Offerings