Canadian rockers Nickelback will perform at the 2012 National Hockey League Awards
Chad Kroeger and his post-grunge band Nickelback are spending much of 2012 on the road with Bush and Seether, but aside from their travels, the band have another feat on the horizon. Nickelback has inked on to play live at the high-profile 2012 National Hockey League Awards, which will air live on June 20 on the NBC Sports Network and on CBC in Canada. The show will rock the Encore Theater at the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas. This is the second time Nickelback has performed at the event, but it’s been a while, as they played the 2002 NHL Awards in Toronto.
“As die-hard hockey fans, we can never get enough of the NHL, even when we’re on tour,” Kroeger in an official statement. “And there is nothing more exciting for hockey fans than the Playoffs. The NHL Awards is the culmination of celebrating the best players and moments the season has produced. We’re honored and humbled to perform at the 2012 NHL Awards in Las Vegas.”
Want to head to the ceremony to check out the “This Means War” rockers live in action? You’re in luck. Verizon will be rocking off a contest for its subscribers to sign up to score a trip to see Nickelback play at the awards. The grand prize package includes a special VIP experience, including backstage access and a meet-and-greet with the guys. More information on the NHL event and contest can be found via NHL.com/Awards.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Nickelback Inside Billboard’s Top 25 Tours List
- Nickelback Frontman Chad Kroeger Talks Kurt Cobain, Getting Famous
- Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger: My Mom is a ‘Huge Fan’ of Avril Lavigne
- Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger and Avril Lavigne to Tie the Knot
- Evanescence, Nickelback, Paramore Members Respond to Colorado Movie Theater Tragedy