Two tracks from Foo Fighters’ “Million Dollar Demo’ have surfaced online
Itching to hear new Foo Fighters? Well, it isn’t exactly new, but two versions of “Have It All” and “Come Back” that were originally taped while Foo Fighters were working on their 2002 album, “One by One,” have made their way online. The pair of songs come off the first recording of the record, called the “Million Dollar Demo,” which was abandoned in favor of the second recording, “One by One,” which came out on October 22, 2002. Over the years, some instrumental forms of the tracks from the “Million Dollar Demo” have surfaced online, but until now, none of the full songs from the set have appeared. Listen to the tracks, below.
In other Foos news, Dave Grohl and the guys are set to co-headline the 2012 DeLuna Fest with Pearl Jam are confirmed to headline the 2012 DeLuna Fest. The rest of the lineup is pretty killer, too, counting Florence + the Machine, Ben Folds Five, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, the Wood Brothers, The Joy Formidable, Motopony, the Gills and more. The Deluna Fest takes place September 21 through 23 at Pensacola Beach in Pensacola, Fla.
Foo Fighters are also on the bill for the 2012 Outside Lands festival, which will run from August 10 through 12. In addition to the Foos, artists from a variety of genres are set to play the festival, including Metallica, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Stevie Wonder, Jack White, Beck, Big Boi, Franz Ferdinand, the Kills, Norah Jones, Skrillex, Andrew Bird, Passion Pit, Fun., Dr. Dog and more.
Listen to Foo Fighters’ ‘Have it All’ Demo:
Listen to Foo Fighters’ ‘Come Back’ Demo:
- Foo Fighters, Gaslight Anthem Lend Music to Hurricane Sandy Documentary
- Foo Fighters, Kid Rock, Rage’s Tom Morello Featured on New John Fogerty Album
- Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Performs with the Rolling Stones at Anaheim Concert
- Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode Join Global Citizen Ticket Initiative
- Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam Members to Take Part in Rock Hall Induction