Stone Sour singer Corey Taylor dishes on the band’s upcoming, fourth studio album
Stone Sour fans are at the edge of their ears waiting for the band’s upcoming album, and frontman Corey Taylor says the set is almost finished. The new album will be the follow-up to 2010’s “Audio Secrecy,” which debuted No. 6 on the Billboard 200 according to Nielsen Soundscan.
“It’s nearly done. We have about a week left of recording. I have a handful of vocals that I need to finish up,” Taylor told Kerrang! magazine (via Blabbermouth) regarding the upcoming, fourth studio album. “And then it’s just going in and finishing up some guitars, some ear candy here and there. But it’s fantastic. It’s so immense. It’s probably the biggest thing that I’ve tried to do.”
What’s more, Taylor says the band are planning a lot of “multimedia” twists and turns with the new album, including a comic book! “There’s a lot of multimedia involved. There’s a whole story that’s gonna go along with the albums. And it’s all under wraps right now,” he said. “There’s gonna be a bunch of big announcements next week that I’m gonna unleash on Twitter, and I’m just gonna start giving people more information, including the titles.
“But we’re actually working on getting a comic together for DC Comics. We’re trying to figure out how we can do it. And they’ve never done anything like this before, so it’s gonna take some time. But hopefully… We’re definitely gonna have a digital version up online and then probably a couple of months later the hard-copy version… “
- Mastodon, Stone Sour and Robert Plant Among Record Store Day 2015 Releases
- Supergroup Teenage Time Killers to Feature Dave Grohl, Corey Taylor and More
- Josh Rand of Stone Sour Gives Guitar Lessons on New Fret 12 DVD
- Nickelback, Stone Sour, Killswitch Engage and More Featured on Roadrunner Records 30th Anniversary Set
- Stone Sour Frontman Corey Taylor Names His Favorite Concept Albums