Killswitch Engage singer looking ahead to their next full-length
The Trespass America Tour kicked off last weekend in Broomfield, Colo., featuring a hard-hitting rock and metal lineup of Five Finger Death Punch, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Pop Evil, Emmure, God Forbid and Battlecross.
Killswitch Engage’s Trespass performance is highly anticipated, seeing that the band is back with their original lead singer, Jesse Leach. Leach recently checked in with idobi radio about how killer it feels to be back with the Switch.
“It feels great, man. Surprisingly, [it was] a natural transition,” he said. “I think the one thing for me was just learning [former Killswitch Engage frontman] Howard’s [Jones] material, learning how I was gonna, like, live in the songs and make them my own, and once that happened, it feels natural. It almost feels, in a way, that I hadn’t left, but it is ten years later and we’re all much different people, so it just feels a lot better than it did back then.”
As for new Killswitch Engage material, Leach says the band already have two songs ready to go. “We’ve got two songs completed for our new record and another 12-13 to go that I’m gonna finish up in the fall…” he said. “[The new material sounds] fresh, fast, heavy… I couldn’t be more stoked to sing on the record.
“As a matter of fact, once I signed up to do the audition for those guys, they took me back to Adam’s [Dutkiewicz, guitar] house and we listened to the record and that totally sold me. When I heard the record, I was like, ‘I’ve gotta sing on this.’”
- Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Asking Alexandria and More to Play Dirt Fest 2016
- Killswitch Engage, Anthrax and Mastodon on ‘Game of Thrones’ Mixtape
- Killswitch Engage Singer Jesse Leach to Embark on Spoken Word Tour
- Nickelback, Stone Sour, Killswitch Engage and More Featured on Roadrunner Records 30th Anniversary Set
- Killswitch Engage Drummer Justin Foley Sitting Out Tour; As I Lay Dying’s Jordan Mancino Filling In