Alternative rock band Coldplay to rock upcoming cancer benefit gig
Coldplay are lending their talents and big name to a great cause. The London alternative rockers is one of the many musicians who have inked on to play the third Stand Up to Cancer fundraising special, which will get a broadcast on Friday, Sept. 7, at 8 p.m. ET. The special show will air on CBS, Fox, ABC and NBC, plus some cable channels, such as HBO, Showtime, VH1 and TBS. As for the rest of the lineup, that counts names in the country and pop realm, including Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys and Tim McGraw.
The benefit special will also feature a crop of actors and famous personalities, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts, Matt Damon, Seth Rogen, Emma Stone, Michael Douglas and Katie Couric, the latter who is the co-founder of Stand Up to Cancer. The event is set to collect funds to help fund scientists from various research fields striving to discover new therapies for cancer patients.
In other Coldplay news, the band’s song “Viva La Vida” appears on the Jay-Z-produced, much-anticipated new video game, “NBA 2k13,” along with tracks from U2, Phoenix and more. The song comes off the band’s 2008 album by the same name.
- Mumford & Sons, the Black Keys, Coldplay Score 2013 Brit Awards
- Coldplay, Muse, Beck to Appear on War Child Compilation Album
- Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica Inside Pollstar’s Top 50 Worldwide Tours of 2012
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Nickelback Inside Billboard’s Top 25 Tours List
- Coldplay Raise $800,000 for Charity with ‘Mylo Xyloto’ Auction