‘Rock Band Blitz’ video game to highlight Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Foster the People, Shinedown and more
Grunge rockers Foo Fighters and Soundgarden are just a few of the bands getting in on the “Rock Band” video game craze. Harmonix, the creator of the “Rock Band” video game brand, has announced that they will unleash a brand new game called “Rock Band Blitz” in late August.
Musically, “Rock Band Blitz” will offer 25 playable tracks to begin, among them, “Spoonman” from Soundgarden, “These Days” by Foo Fighters, “Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay, Boom-Lay Boom)” by Shinedown, “Always” from Blink-182, “Pumped up Kicks” by Foster the People, “Give It Away” from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More ‘Touch Me’” from Fall Out Boy and more. Other bands featured include My Chemical Romance, fun., Collective Soul, the All American Rejects and others. Obviously, the play list is heavy on rock and alternative music, but some pop-oriented songs from Pink and Maroon 5 have also made the cut.
“Rock Band Blitz” will be available to PlayStation users via the PlayStation Network on Aug. 28 and Xbox users on Aug. 29. Like “Rock Band Underground,” the game play doesn’t require special instruments. For more information on the upcoming release, visit the “Rock Band” video game website.
- Foo Fighters, Gaslight Anthem Lend Music to Hurricane Sandy Documentary
- Foo Fighters, Kid Rock, Rage’s Tom Morello Featured on New John Fogerty Album
- Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Performs with the Rolling Stones at Anaheim Concert
- Soundgarden, Mumford & Sons and the Killers to Appear on PBS’ ‘Live from the Artists Den’
- Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode Join Global Citizen Ticket Initiative