Hard Rock Calling TV special to feature Soundgarden, Tom Morello and more
Since most people didn’t have the luxury of making out to last month’s Hard Rock Calling festival in London’s Hyde Park, the peepers over at VH1 and Palladia are bringing the fun right to the fans. New details are out about the music special featuring highlights the Hard Rock Calling show, which premiered on the high-definition Palladia channel on Saturday (Aug. 25) and will re-air on VH1 Classic tonight (Aug. 26) at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
The program will feature performances by Soundgarden, Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and Iggy & the Stooges. As previously stated, the show will also include the notable performance in which former Beatle Paul McCartney teamed up with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band onstage to play a few familiar Beatles chart-toppers, right before having the stage power cut off by the show’s organizers due to curfew worries.
The presentation will also bring new footage from the Boss and the E Street Band’s performance, plus footage from music legends John Fogerty and Paul Simon. The 2012 Hard Rock Calling festival happened July 13, 14 and 15, so it only took about a month to get everything packed into a neat-and-tidy festival TV special.
- Soundgarden, Mumford & Sons and the Killers to Appear on PBS’ ‘Live from the Artists Den’
- Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam Members to Take Part in Rock Hall Induction
- Soundgarden Post Teaser from ‘Live from the Artists Den’ Show
- Soundgarden to Release ‘King Animal’ Demos for Record Store Day
- Soundgarden Announce Second Leg of 2013 North American Tour