P.O.D. frontman says Twitter helped hook up collaboration with Hatebreed’s Jamey Jasta
Christian rap-rockers P.O.D. are back with year with a new album, “Murdered Love,” and a cozy spot on the 2012 Rockstar Energy Drink Uproar Festival. One of the biggest tracks on the band’s latest album is “Eyez,” a rousing anthem featuring Hatebreed vocalist Jamey Jasta.
As P.O.D. frontman Sonny Sandoval describes, working with Jasta on the track was a natural fit. “He’s just an old friend, you know?!” Sandoval told Zoiks! Online. “[There is] mutual respect [between us]. To do collaborations is always just fun for us. We wanted a heavy vocal [so] we thought of him. [We wanted something] more street, then we thought maybe more grimy like Dave Mustaine [Megadeth].”
Sandoval added that he and Jasta actually made plans for the track via Twitter. “By Twitter, Jamey and I happened to be going back and forth and I was like, ‘Hey, dude, I got a song if you’re interested,’” he explained. “He was like, ‘Dude, send it over.’ That’s one of the benefits of technology. I think within a couple of days we had it done. He was a complete professional. [He] didn’t want nothing. It was just for the love of music and he killed it.”
The Uproar Festival — which also features Staind, Shinedown, Thousand Foot Krutch and more — runs through Sept. 30 in Albuquerque, N.M. Find a complete list of tour dates here.
- Shinedown Singer Says Tour with Three Days Grace and P.O.D. Will Have Substance
- Shinedown, Three Days Grace and P.O.D. Announce 2013 Tour Dates
- Dates Announced for 2012 Uproar Festival Featuring Shinedown, Staind, P.O.D, Papa Roach and More
- Ex-Korn Guitarist Brian ‘Head’ Welch and Flyleaf’s Lacey Sturm Talk Whosoevers
- Shinedown, Staind, P.O.D., Papa Roach and More to Play Rockstar Uproar