Metallica guitarist says new music from the band is on the way
Waiting to hear new Metallica tunes? If so, you’ll be happy to hear that guitarist Kirk Hammett says the metal giants are planning to start working on their tenth studio album soon. Hammett says to expect new Metallica tracks after the band finish work on their upcoming 3D movie.
“Right now, we’re kind of preoccupied with dealing with this 3D movie that we shot up in Canada last month,” Hammett recently told Rolling Stone. “But once we’re done with that, we’re going to start hunkering down and putting riffs together. That’s all going to happen soon.”
As for who will serve as producer for Metallica’s upcoming album, Hammett says that’s still up in the air, but the band are leaning towards working with Rick Rubin, who manned the knobs on Metallica’s last album, 2008’s “Death Magnetic.” Hammett stated, “I really don’t have an answer about Rick Rubin, although his name certainly comes up.”
Hammett is currently busy with the release of his new horror movie memorabilia book, “Too Much Horror Business,” and he’s making personal appearances in several major U.S. cities this month to promote the book. His book signing out sets off in New York City on Oct. 11, and for a full list of stops, visit the book’s Facebook page.
- Metallica Release ‘Through the Never’ Movie Trailer
- Metallica Drummer Lars Ulrich Says New Album Likely to Drop in 2015
- Metallica Bass Player Robert Trujillo on New Release: I See Us Making a Great Album
- Metallica to Premiere 3D Movie, ‘Through the Never,’ in IMAX Theaters this Fall
- Metallica Getting Their Own Pinball Machine