Rage Against the Machine are giving a makeover to their self-titled debut album
Rap-rock powerhouse Rage Against the Machine release their self-titled debut album 20 years ago. In honor of the landmark, the group will unleash a special 20th anniversary edition of the album this November.
Simply named “XX,” the release will arrive in a variety of formats: CD, digital and vinyl. Deluxe and special edition versions of the release will be available, to boot. The 20th Anniversary Special Edition will offer the re-mastered debut album, a CD packed with early demos and B-sides from original recording sessions of the release. The Special Edition will also include a DVD with videos and never-before-released performances of “Bombtrack,” “Take the Power Back” and “Wake Up.”
For those who want to go one step further, the 20th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set will offer everything named above, plus a special DVD of previously unreleased live show footage from 1991, 1994, 1996 and 2010. The Deluxe Box Set edition also features a 12” vinyl LP and a poster. For those vinyl enthusiasts, a vinyl edition of the re-mastered album will also be available.
All editions of “XX” will arrive in stores and online outlets on Nov. November 27, just in time for Christmas shopping.
- Foo Fighters, Kid Rock, Rage’s Tom Morello Featured on New John Fogerty Album
- Rage Against the Machine’s Tom Morello to Tour with Springsteen
- Rage Against the Machine, Halestorm Members Featured on Disturbed Frontman’s New Album with Device
- Rage Against the Machine’s Tom Morello to Fans: Don’t Wait for Rage
- Members of Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails and More to Appear on ‘Sound City’ Soundtrack