Deftones are set to release their latest album on vinyl in January
Deftones fans that prefer their heavy music on vinyl will now have a chance to score the Sacramento, Calif.-based alternative metal band’s seventh studio album, “Koi No Yokan,” on vinyl on Jan. 8 via Reprise Records. The album was released in November, but it hasn’t been available on vinyl up until now. No new tracks are expected to arrive on the vinyl edition, but the release will feature all 11 songs that appeared on the original album, including the album’s current single, “Tempest.”
In other Deftones news, the guys recently joined the lineup for the inaugural Ozzfest Japan, which is set to take place May 11 and 12, 2013, at the Makuhari Messe Arena, near Tokyo. Deftones along with Tool, Slash and Stone Sour were added to the Ozzfest Japan lineup, which already featured headlining performers Black Sabbath and Slipknot.
Deftones also have a handful of U.K. tour dates lined up for January and February of 2013, as well as stops in France and Germany. No word on 2013 U.S. tour dates yet, but with “Koi No Yokan” freshly released, the band is expected to announce North American tour stops for next year before too long.
- Deftones’ Stephen Carpenter Comments on Death of Chi Cheng
- Deftones Bass Player Chi Cheng Passes Away
- Deftones to Launch Live Vinyl Record Series on Record Store Day
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Deftones, Rise Against the Play Metallica’s Orion Music + More Festival
- Deftones Release ‘Koi No Yokan’ on Vinyl