Grunge rockers Pearl Jam are releasing a new bootleg series for fans
Pearl Jam may be dragging their feet on releasing a new album, but that doesn’t mean they’ve completely put a hold on new Pearl Jam goodies. The legendary grunge rockers have unleashed a new bootleg series for their fans that features plenty of Pearl Jam material to keep them busy until the band hopefully drops a new full-length next year.
In a statement on the band’s official website, the band explained that the “Instant Classic” series will offer the latest live recording of concerts that “stand out immediately as ‘one for the books’ in the band’s eyes.” So, it’s a nice little summary of Pearl Jam’s favorite gigs over the years.
“Instant Classic” will arrive in installments, and the first release will feature the group’s Sept. 30 gig at the Adams Center in Missoula, Mont., which Pearl Jam played in conjunction with a fundraiser for Senator Jon Tester. The set also features an appearance from fellow grunge rockers Mudhoney frontman Mark Arm and guitarist Steve Turner. Right now, the set is going for $4.99, and that cost will increase to $9.99 on Tuesday (Nov. 13). Fans may purchase a copy of the Montana bootleg at Pearl Jam’s official webstore.
- Pearl Jam Members Fans of Kiss
- Shinedown’s Brent Smith and Zach Myers Cover Pearl Jam’s ‘Black’
- Pearl Jam Guitarist Stone Gossard Discusses Band’s Success, Longevity
- Pearl Jam and Kings of Leon Donating Items for Sandy Hook Promise Auction
- Soundgarden Drummer Matt Cameron Sitting Out 2014 Tour Due to Pearl Jam Commitments