Soundgarden have booked three North American tour dates in support of the release of ‘King Animal’
Soundgarden’s first album in 15 years, “King Animal,” drops in less than two weeks, and to prep for the big showing, the grunge guys have booked three intimate North American shows later this month. Chris Cornell and company will play Irving Plaza in New York City on Nov. 13, The Phoenix in Toronto on Nov. 16 and The Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles on Nov. 27. Chances are these are warm-up dates for a much bigger trek next year in support of the album.
Takers who pre-order King Animal before 11:59 p.m. PT on Nov. 7 will have a chance to purchase tickets to the show with a password that allows access to a ticket pre-sale for the gigs that will happens starting Nov. 8 at 12 p.m. local venue time. The general public will be able to purchase tickets starting at 10 a.m. local venue time on Nov. 9.
For those who aren’t ready to trek out to those cities to see Soundgarden are in luck, as the band has also booked some TV and web appearances. Soundgarden will participate in the CBS Interactive webcast series Live on Letterman, which is scheduled to stream live on Nov. 12 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.com and VEVO.com. The band’s new album, “King Animal,” drops the next day. The band will also bring their musical talents to the “Late Show with David Letterman” that night. Finally, look for the guys to perform a set on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” on Nov. 26.
- Soundgarden’s 1990 Compilation Album, ‘Screaming Life/Fopp,’ Streaming Online
- Soundgarden Drummer Matt Cameron Sitting Out 2014 Tour Due to Pearl Jam Commitments
- Soundgarden, Muse, Imagine Dragons and More to Play Lollapalooza Brazil
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden and Arcade Fire to Headline Lollapalooza Chile and Argentina
- Soundgarden ‘Screaming Life/Fopp’ Compilation to Get Sub Pop Reissue