Linkin Park will take it easy in 2013
Linkin Park are wrapping up a busy 2012, one that included the release of their latest studio album, “Living Things,” and traveling North America on the Honda Civic Tour with fellow alternative rockers Incubus. Now, Linkin Park are planning to take it easy in 2013 and have announced they will only play one North American show next year.
Linkin Park’s sole U.S. gig next year will be a show at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on Saturday, Feb. 16. Pre-sale tickets for Linkin Park fan club members will start on Dec. 11, and for information on membership, head to the club’s official website. Tickets will go on-sale to the general public on Dec. 14.
As for the band’s recent Honda Civic Tour, frontman Chester Bennington says the set lists for the shows, which pulled from the band’s decade-long catalog of rock hits, came together naturally. “We … don’t really look at what the other artists have done on these tours and kind of go, ‘OK, what do we think we should do?’’ he said during a recent press conference. “You know .. [we just] go out and do what our fans want from us, which is play songs that they’re familiar with and catch up on some on the new music and become familiar with that.”
- Did Linkin Park ‘Keep Metal Alive?’ Mike Shinoda Weighs In
- Chester Bennington of Linkin Park Talks ‘Hybrid Theory’ Days
- Linkin Park to ‘Get Weirder’ on New Album, Says Mike Shinoda
- Pearl Jam, Linkin Park and More Sign Letter to Congress Asking for Gun Control
- Linkin Park’s New Album is ‘Personal and Revealing,’ Says Mike Shinoda