Deftones’ 2012 studio album, ‘Koi No Yokan,’ is now available on vinyl
Alternative metal act Deftones are getting in on the vinyl trend. Today (Jan. 22), the Burbank, Calif.-based guys released their 2012 studio album, “Koi No Yokan,” on vinyl for the first time.
The vinyl comes in four limited-edition options: A standard retail version pressed on 140-gram black vinyl (3,000 copies), a direct-to-consumer version on 180-gram black vinyl with foil-stamped numbered jackets (1,000 copies), an international edition pressed on 180-gram vinyl and a Hot Topic exclusive pressed on 140-gram clear-colored vinyl (1,500 copies).
“Koi No Yokan” marks the Deftones’ seventh studio album. The set, which dropped in November of 2012, debuted at No. 11 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, pushing over 65,000 copies its first week out. The album’s debut single, “Tempest,” is currently No. 6 on Nielsen’s BDS Active Rock radio chart.
In other band news, Deftones are going on a North American tour in support of “Koi No Yokan” this spring, with a trek that kicks off March 1 in Toronto. For a full list of tour dates, head to the band’s official website.
- Deftones, Drowning Pool and 12 Stones Lead 2014 Texas Showdown Tattoo & Music Festival Bill
- Deftones Pay Tribute to Late Bass Player Chi Cheng with ‘Eros’ Track ‘Smile’
- Deftones Starting Work on New Music
- Deftones’ Stephen Carpenter Comments on Death of Chi Cheng
- Deftones Bass Player Chi Cheng Passes Away