Dave Grohl already has music ready for the next Foo Fighters album
Foo Fighters released their latest album, “Wasting Light,” in 2011, and it looks like the follow-up to that set isn’t too far off. Famed frontman Dave Grohl says he’s already been busy crafting new tunes for the Foo Fighters’ next album and plans to start the recording process once again when he wraps up work on his “Sound City” documentary.
“I have the music for the next [Foo Fighters] record and we’re going to start working on it once we finish doing all this [“Sound City” documentary] stuff,” he told MTV News in a video interview. “We have really awesome, big plans for the next album…I’m really excited about it.”
In other Foo Fighters news, Grohl has enlisted the help of each Foo member for Grohl’s Sound City Players, which is a group made up of several of the musicians who appear in the “Sound City” documentary. Grohl’s Sound City Players are tapped to perform on Jan. 31 at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles, the same day “Sound City” the film plays in 44 movie theaters across North America for a one-night-only viewing. The movie will get its official release on Feb. 1.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’