The 2013 Governors Ball will feature Kings of Leon, the Lumineers, Crystal Castles and more
The third annual Governors Ball Music Festival takes place June 7 through 9 on New York City’s Randall’s Island, and the lineup is slowly but surely getting announced. Organizers for the event have confirmed a handful of new acts for the event, and they’re all alternative rock bigwigs: Kings of Leon, the Lumineers, Crystal Castles and Young the Giant.
Other bands confirmed for the festival include Of Monsters and Men, Dinosaur Jr., the xx, Animal Collective Grizzly Bear, Pretty Lights, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Local Natives, the Knocks, Dirty Projectors, the Revivalists, Deerhunter, Feist and Beach House, among others. For the full lineup, visit the Governors Ball’s official website.
The Governors Ball is known for featuring a wide range of genres and styles of music, including rock, electronic, indie, hip-hop, Americana, folk and beyond. Tickets for this year’s show go on sale beginning Friday (Jan. 25) at 12 p.m. ET on the event’s website.
- Kings of Leon Announce New Album, ‘Walls’
- Kings of Leon Announce North American Summer and Fall Tour
- Arctic Monkeys, Lorde, Kings of Leon, Foster the People Set for Lollapalooza 2014
- Report: Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon, Eminem and Skrillex to Play Lollapalooza 2014
- Kings of Leon Featured on ‘August: Osage County’ Soundtrack with Acoustic Version of ‘Last Mile Home’