The Black Keys and the Flaming Lips are teaming up for a handful of shows this year
The Black Keys are teaming up with legendary indie rock band the Flaming Lips for a small set of North American tour dates this spring. The tour kicks off on April 28 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City and is scheduled to make just four stops total, also traveling through Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Nashville. View the itinerary below.
Both the Black Keys and the Flaming Lips are on the bill for this year’s series of Lollapalooza Brazil, which is set to rock the Jockey Club in San Paulo from March 29 through 31. The 2013 Lollapalooza Brazil lineup also features rock heavyweights Pearl Jam, A Perfect Circle, Alabama Shakes, Queens of the Stone Age, The Hives, Franz Ferdinand and Passion Pit, among others.
In other Black Keys news, the blues-rock duo recently picked up an impressive five Grammy nominations, including the nomination for Album of the Year, for “El Camino,” and Record of the Year, for “Lonely Boy.” Meanwhile, singer and guitarist Dan Auerbach is also nominated for Producer of the Year.
The Black Keys and the Flaming Lips 2013 Tour Dates:
4/28 — Kansas City, Mo., Sprint Center
4/30 — Pittsburgh, Pa., Consol Energy Center
5/2 — Atlanta, Ga., Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood
5/3 — Nashville, Tenn., Bridgestone Arena
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach Says the Arcs’ Debut Album Was a Group Effort
- The Black Keys, Metallica, Dave Grohl and More to Play ‘The Concert for Valor’
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach to Appear on Cowboy Jack Clement’s Final Album
- The Black Keys Streaming Title Track from New Album, ‘Turn Blue’
- The Black Keys Announce New Album Via Mike Tyson Tweet