Mumford & Sons and Alabama Shakes’ Brittany Howard are set to rock the Grammys
This Sunday (Feb. 10) marks the 55th annual Grammy Awards ceremony, which will happen at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. In longstanding Grammy tradition, the ceremony is set to highlight several unique onstage collaborations between musicians from different spectrums of the music world.
The latest collaboration added to Sunday’s bill will include Elton John and Mumford & Sons leading a tribute to the late Levon Helm, according to The Associated Press. More of the Grammy Awards show’s tribute to Helm will have John and Mumford & Sons joined by T Bone Burnett, Alabama Shakes’ Brittany Howard, Zac Brown and Mavis Staples for a rendition of the Band’s “The Weight.”
Mumford & Sons are nominated for four trophies the Grammys, including the coveted Album of the Year for “Babal.” Alabama Shakes are up for two awards, including Best New Artist. The two will join a long list of other performers scheduled to play the ceremony, including the Black Keys, Jack White, Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars and Sting, among others.
The Grammy Awards will air on CBS starting at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT.
- Mumford & Sons Announce New U.S. Tour Dates
- Corey Taylor, Pearl Jam and Mumord & Sons Pay Tribute to Prince
- Mumord & Sons Release ‘The Wolf’ Video
- The Black Keys, Slash, Mumford & Sons and More Donating Items for Grammy Charity Sale
- Mumford and Sons, My Morning Jacket Members Remix Alt-J on New EP