Dave Grohl’s soundtrack for his ‘Sound City’ documentary enjoyed a high chart debut
Dave Grohl knows how to make a hit album, and now, the Foo Fighters frontman has another chart-topping release under his belt. The soundtrack for Dave Grohl’s “Sound City” documentary entered the Billboard 200 chart at No. 8 this week.
“Sound City – Real to Reel” pushed 37,000 copies in its debut week out, reports Nielsen SoundScan. The release feature Grohl rock out with an eclectic array of musicians that also appear in the documentary.
Specifically, “Sound City – Real to Reel” features collaborations with Nirvana bass player Krist Novoselic , Rage Against the Machine’s Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk, Paul McCartney, Queens of the Stone Age memberes Josh Homme and Alain Johannes, Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor and Foo Fighters’ Pat Smear and Taylor Hawkins and Stevie Nicks, to name just a few.
For more on the “Sound City” documentary and to pick up a copy, head to the film’s official website.
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Foo Fighters are Not Breaking Up
- Dave Grohl to Perform at the Oscars