Paramore’s upcoming self-titled album was recorded in the same studio as Prince
When you think of Paramore, you likely don’t think of ‘80s pop icon Prince. But, according to Paramore guitarist Taylor York, a portion of the band’s new, self-titled record was actually recorded in the same studio that Prince recorded his chart-topping albums “Purple Rain” and “1999,” among other releases.
“We did drums [for the release] at Sunset Sound, which is very famous, we were actually in Prince’s room that he built…he lived there for I heard like two years or something,” guitarist recently Taylor York told Drowned in Sound. “We channeled Prince’s energy!”
York also stated that the studio gave a certain flavor to the tracks and helped inspire the band experiment with different sounds. “The songs, at their core were written, but there was so much that happened in the studio,” he said. “I think it was really cool because the canvas was wide open and I felt like we had more room to explore.”
Paramore’s self-titled album is set to hit stores and online outlets on April 9.
- Paramore Announce New Album, ‘After Laughter’
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Defends ‘Misery Business’ Lyrics
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Engaged
- Paramore Singer Hayley Williams Raising Awareness of Breast Cancer with Hard Rock
- Paramore Announce Fall North American Tour Dates