Staind six-stringer Mike Mushok is now a member of Newsted
Staind guitarist Mike Mushok isn’t just sitting around and wasting time during the band’s current break. Mushok is using the downtime to join Newsted, the new group spearheaded by former Metallica bass player Jason Newsted.
“Staind is taking a break for a while, so when Jason asked if I was interested in joining them to record an album and play on the upcoming tour, it was perfect timing,” said Mushok in an official statement. “All I could say was, Hell yeah! I’m totally down for this.”
Fans won’t have to wait long to hear Mushok and Newsted’s new jams. The band is expected to release their debut full-length album early this summer.
In the meantime, Newsted’s debut EP, simply called “Metal,” was released in January. The set features four tracks and pushed roughly 6,200 copies in its debut week of release to enter the Billboard 200 chart at No. 62.
- Aaron Lewis Safe Following Charter Jet Scare
- Aaron Lewis Names the Song That Sums Up Staind
- Seether, Staind, Alter Bridge, Korn and More Set for Welcome to Rockville 2014
- Staind Guitarist Mike Mushok Offering Online Guitar Lessons
- Staind Going on Hiatus But Not Breaking Up, Says Aaron Lewis