The Black Keys and the Stooges teaming up for Record Store Day release
Record Store Day 2013 is coming up quick. The day, which falls on April 20 this year, is set to bring together music lovers all over the nation in a quest to support local, independently-owned brick-and-mortar stores and nostalgic vinyl. Now in its sixth year, Record Store Day is already shaping up to be the biggest yet, with a slew of bands starting to announce exclusive releases set for that day.
Record Store Day’s Side by Side Vinyl Series features a split vinyl of two popular bands in one package. This year’s series features a split 7-inch of the Stooges ‘69 classic track “No Fun” on one side and the Black Keys’ updated 2002 take of the song on the flip side, pressed on orange and red sunburst vinyl. It’s a limited edition release, with only 7,500 copies being pressed worldwide.
The Black Keys and Stooges split is part of Warner Brother’s Records’ Record Store Day incentives, which also include releases from Linkin Park, Deftones, the Flaming Lips, Built to Spill and more. For more information about Record Store Day 2013, head to the event’s official website.
- Record Store Day 2017: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard + More
- In This Moment, Killswitch Engage + Prophets of Rage: Record Store Day Black Friday Picks
- Metallica Book Record Store Day In-Store Performance
- White Stripes’ ‘Peel Sessions’ to Drop on Record Store Day
- Record Store Day 2016 Releases: Linkin Park, Disturbed and More