Alternative band MGMT is set to release a new song on cassette for Record Store Day 2013
Say you’re a fan of classic cassette tapes from the ‘80s? You’re not alone, as the guys of MGMT seem to have some affinity for the classic music format. The alternative rock band has announced that they will release a limited edition, collectible cassette single of “Alien Days,” the first taste of new music from their upcoming self-titled album, on April 20, in conjunction with this year’s Record Store Day festivities.
The cassette will arrive with a digital download code. Meanwhile, the new album, which marks the band’s follow-up to 2010’s “Congratulations,” is tentatively planned for a June release.
In other band news, MGMT will hit the road later this month in support of their upcoming album. The trek is set to kick off on April 26 at Penn State University in University Park, Penn., and wrap up on July 13 at Cincinnati’s Bunbury Music Festival. The run also will also take the band through a stint at Firefly Music Festival in Delaware. For the full tour roster, go here, and for additional information on the trek and details on how to purchase tickets, visit the band’s official website. (Photo via RecordStoreDay.com.)
- Record Store Day 2017: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard + More
- In This Moment, Killswitch Engage + Prophets of Rage: Record Store Day Black Friday Picks
- Metallica Book Record Store Day In-Store Performance
- White Stripes’ ‘Peel Sessions’ to Drop on Record Store Day
- Record Store Day 2016 Releases: Linkin Park, Disturbed and More