Sub Pop will celebrate its 25th anniversary with a Silver Jubilee
Legendary Seattle-based indie label Sub Pop is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year with a full-fledged music festival. Sub Pop’s Silver Jubilee is scheduled for July 12 and 13 on Airport Way in Seattle’s Georgetown neighborhood, and the lineup includes a bevy of impressive bands.
The bill includes Mudhoney, J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr., Greg Dulli, Shabazz Palaces with TheeSatisfaction, Shearwater, Brothers of the Sonic Cloth featuring Tad Doyle and Endino’s Earthworm featuring Jack Endino, among others. More acts are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
The all-ages festival will be free. On top of the live music, the festival will offer an array of local food vendors, drink stalls and a record fair, the latter that’s being called the Sub Pop Mega Mart. For more information, visit the festival’s official website.
- Sub Pop Records Announces Record Store Day 2014 Releases
- Dinosaur Jr. Book to Arrive this Fall
- Mudhoney Not Planning Anything Special for 25th Anniversary
- Blink-182, Fall Out Boy, Dinosaur Jr. + More to Play Riot Fest
- Mudhoney Announce 2013 Tour Dates