30 Seconds to Mars singer Jared Leto says ‘Love Lust Faith + Dreams’ marks a new chapter for the band
30 Seconds to Mars unleashed their latest full-length album, “Love Lust Faith + Dreams,” this week. According to singer Jared Leto, the album is more than just a set of songs: It’s the beginning of a new phase in the life and legacy of 30 Seconds to Mars.
“This album is a new chapter,” he told Rolling Stone in a recent interview. “It feels like a new band, like we let go a lot of the past. It’s not just a rock record — it’s more expansive, it digs deeper. It gets a lot more involved.”
Leto also stated that he’s pleased with the direction of 30 Seconds to Mars’ style, describing it as “more focused and decisive” than the band’s earlier releases. “I feel like we’ve made the best album of our lives, hands down, because we’ve learned a lot about who we were,” he stated.
In other 30 Seconds to Mars news, the band has a collection of overseas tour dates planned for this summer in support of “Love Lust Faith + Dreams,” followed by a show Sept. 20 in San Diego. To view the band’s full upcoming tour roster, visit their official website.
- Jared Leto Launching Interview Show Series
- Jared Leto is Storing His Oscar in the Kitchen
- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars and AFI Announce 2014 Carnivores Tour
- 30 Seconds to Mars’ Jared Leto Says Music Hopefuls Should Watch His ‘Artifact’ Documentary
- 30 Seconds to Mars, Green Day, Linkin Park, Avicii Win MTV Europe Music Awards