As I Lay Dying band members release new statement regarding singer Tim Lambesis’ arrest in an alleged murder-for-hire plot
As I Lay Dying frontman Tim Lambesis was arrested earlier this week for his involvement with an alleged murder-for-hire plot, and now, Lambesis’ band mates have released a statement regarding the incident.
As reported Tuesday (May 7), Lambesis was arrested in Oceanside, Calif., and taken into custody after he apparently attempted to hire an undercover detective to kill his wife Meggan, who filed for divorce from Lambesis last fall. The metal singer was booked into the Vista Jail on suspicion of solicitation of murder.
In the group statement, which is posted on the group’s Facebook page and official website, band mates Nick Hipa, Jordan Mancino, Phil Sgrosso and Josh Gilbert state that there are many unanswered questions right now, and they thank fans for their support. Here’s the message:
To our fans,
As we post this, the legal process is taking its course and we have no more information than you do. There are many unanswered questions, and the situation will become clearer in the coming days and weeks. We’ll keep you informed as best we can.
Our thoughts right now are with Tim, his family, and with everyone else affected by this terrible situation – and with our fans, whom we love and draw strength from.
Thank you for understanding, and as always, for your support of As I Lay Dying.
– Jordan, Nick, Phil, and Josh
Lambesis is expected to be arraigned today (May 9).
Photo: Tim Lambesis via Audio Ink Radio.
- As I Lay Dying Singer Tim Lambesis Gets Six Years for Murder-for-Hire Plot
- As I Lay Dying Singer Tim Lambesis Pleads Guilty to Murder-For-Hire Charges
- As I Lay Dying Singer Tim Lambesis Will Stand Trial in Alleged Murder-for-Hire Plot
- Killswitch Engage Drummer Justin Foley Sitting Out Tour; As I Lay Dying’s Jordan Mancino Filling In
- As I Lay Dying Vocalist Tim Lambesis Released on $2 Million Bail