Upcoming ‘Stones Fest’ shows to feature members of the Black Keys, the Lemonheads and more
The Rolling Stones are all the rage again, thanks to the legendary rock band celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. Now, a new part of the series of Rolling Stones tribute shows known as “Stones Fest” have been booked for New York and Los Angeles later this month, and a collection of musicians are set to take part in the festivities.
Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney and Delta Spirit are a few of the many artists confirmed to perform songs from the Stones’ lengthy collection at the New York City version of the show. That event is set to happen May 22-23 at the Bowery Ballroom.
The Los Angeles version of the event will happen a week later, on May 30, at The Fonda Theatre. That show will bring performances from Lemonheads vocalist Evan Dando, former Guns N’ Roses drummer Matt Sorum, Dead Sara singer Emily Armstrong and members of Eagles of Death Metal.
Of course, this is all for a good cause. Funds raised from tickets sales will be donated to the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, a charity organization that offers financial assistance to musicians suffering from illness or disability.
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach Says the Arcs’ Debut Album Was a Group Effort
- The Black Keys, Metallica, Dave Grohl and More to Play ‘The Concert for Valor’
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach to Appear on Cowboy Jack Clement’s Final Album
- The Black Keys Streaming Title Track from New Album, ‘Turn Blue’
- The Black Keys Announce New Album Via Mike Tyson Tweet