The 2013 LouFest will feature performances from Wilco, the Killers, the National and more
June, July and August are prime months to hit up summer music festivals, but September’s cooler temperatures offer a great opportunity to enjoy live music outside, too. In that spirit, this year’s LouFest has announced an eclectic lineup for their annual event, which happens Sept. 7-8 at Forest Park in St. Louis, Mo.
Wilco and the Killers are slated to headline the festival. Other performers tapped to perform include the National, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Alabama Shakes, Walk the Moon, Ra Ra Riot, Youngbloode Hawke, Trampled by Turtles, Twin Shadow, Wild Cub, My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James and Fitz and the Tantrums, to name a few. All in all, it’s a very alternative-leaning bill, musically.
Two-day passes for the event begin at $75 and will go on sale on Friday, May 5, at 10 a.m. CT. For ticket information and to check out the full bill of talent, visit the festival’s official website.
- The Killers Announce Christmas Singles Compilation
- Mark Stoermer of the Killers Announces Solo Album, ‘Dark Arts’
- Wilco Offer Free Download of New Album, ‘Star Wars’
- Brandon Flowers on New Killers Music: We Need to Get That Drive Back
- Weezer, Wilco and More to Play Gathering of the Vibes