Florence Welch may appear in the upcoming ‘Star Wars’ trilogy
While Florence Welch is known for fronting Florence + the Machine, she may be heading into the acting world soon. Specifically, Welch may be part of the upcoming “Star Wars” flick. The Sun is reporting that a source involved with the trilogy says they’re considering giving the singer a significant role in the upcoming movies.
“We think Florence has the exact style we are looking for,” the source told the Sun. “Almost every actress in Hollywood wants a role in the new movies but we are keen to cast people who are unexpected. Florence is being considered for a major part that would turn her into an A-list actress overnight.”
Shooting for the first installment of the upcoming “Star Wars” flicks, “Episode VII,” is scheduled to start filming in early 2014, with the movie expected to reach theaters in 2015. Original cast members Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are all slated to return. JJ Abrams will direct the movie.
- Dave Grohl Was Touched by ‘Times Like These’ Florence + the Machine Cover
- Florence + the Machine, Jack White, Gotye to Appear on ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
- Florence + the Machine Singer Performs with the Rolling Stones
- Florence + the Machine Singer Wants to Write a Musical
- Florence + the Machine Frontwoman Describes Recent Vocal Injury