Nirvana’s ‘In Utero’ 20th anniversary edition to feature never-before-released bonus footage from 1993’s ‘Live and Loud’ Seattle show
Earlier this month, Nirvana’s camp dropped the news that the band would be releasing a special reissue in honor of the 20th anniversary of their third and last studio release, “In Utero,” in September. Now, Universal Music Enterprises has revealed more details about the upcoming set.
On top of the standard remastered version of the original album, the Super Deluxe Edition package will offer over 70 remastered, remixed, rare, unreleased and live recordings packaged into three CDs and a DVD, including compilation tracks, B-sides and more. In addition, the set will pack Nirvana’s “Live and Loud” show recorded in December of at Pier 48 in Seattle, featuring late frontman Kurt Cobain, drummer Dave Grohl and bass player Krist Novoselic in top form. Here’s the kicker: The “Live and Loud” show, which will arrive in both audio and DVD formats, will include never-before-released bonus footage.
Nirvana’s ‘In Utero’ 20th anniversary edition will arrive in all the usual spots on Sept. 24. For more on the release, visit Nirvana’s official website.
- Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain + Alice in Chains’ Layne Staley – Remembering the Legacy
- Smile Empty Soul’s Sean Danielsen Talks ‘Rarities,’ Covering Nirvana and More
- Nirvana Singer Kurt Cobain Would Have Turned 50 Years Old Today
- Nirvana Compilation ‘Incesticide’ Turns 25 in 2017
- Krist Novoselic on What Kurt Cobain Would Think of Modern Music