Dave Grohl says the Foo Fighters have a unique idea for how to release their new album
Foo Fighters singer and guitarist Dave Grohl has already confirmed that the band’s follow-up to 2011’s “Wasting Light” is in the works, and now, Grohl is indicating that the Foo will release the album in a top-secret way.
“I have this idea that I don’t think anyone’s done before, and we’re going to try it,” he told SPIN. “We don’t really want to give away our little secret yet, but it’s happening. And we’re pretty psyched about it.”
Grohl was tight-lipped about his release plans, but he did open up a bit about the recording process for the upcoming album. “We’ve gotten back into it in the last couple of weeks,” he said. “Over the past year when I haven’t been doing any Foo Fighters stuff, I’ve been loading up my cassette recorder at home with song ideas. Then I hit rewind, listened back and thought, Oh, my God, I have a record! I’ll just say it’s pretty clear what we have, and it’s exciting.”
Foo Fighters’ follow-up to the Grammy award-winning “Wasting Light” is expected to arrive in 2014.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’