Australia’s Big Day Out festival will feature performances from Pearl Jam, Blur, Arcade Fire and more
Australia’s annual Big Day Out festival always brings together a wide range of bands and artists together in one gigantic festival. This year’s lineup has just been announced, and it packs headliners Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire and Blur, as well as a collection of other performers. The festival will take place in various major cities across Australia from Jan. 19 to Feb. 2, 2014.
While snagging Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire for the event was cool, festival promoter Ken West says he’s especially stoked to get Blur on the bill. “I didn’t think it was going to happen, because [frontman] Damon Albarn wanted to focus on his solo album next year and we were still negotiating with Arcade Fire,” West said in an interview with News.com.au. “Then, both bands said yes, and there was no way I was going to knock back Blur.”
Other bands slated to perform at this year’s festival include Grouplove, the Lumineers, Tame Impala, Portgual. The Man, Mudhoney, the Naken and Famous, the 1975 and more.
For more information on the Big Day Out festival, visit the event’s official website.
- Record Store Day 2017: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard + More
- Pearl Jam Guitarist Mike McCready to Release Photo Book
- Original Pearl Jam Drummer Talks Rock Hall Induction
- Eddie Vedder Makes Family’s Christmas Dream Come True
- Soundgarden Guitarist Kim Thayil Talks Pearl Jam Rock Hall Pick