Chris Daughtry and his band will unleash their latest studio album, ‘Baptized,’ this fall
Chris Daughtry has been hinting that his latest album with Daughtry will be out soon, and now, he’s ready talk specifics. Daughtry’s new album, “Baptized,” is set to arrive Nov. 19, and the album’s debut single, “Waiting for Superman,” is already available via all the usual online retailers.
“We’re excited to unveil our new musical direction,” Daughtry said regarding the upcoming album in a release. “We wanted to remain true to our roots but at the same time felt the need to push ourselves creatively more than ever. ‘Waiting for Superman’ is a perfect example of the overall theme to the new album.”
“Waiting for Superman” is co-written by Sam Hollander and Martin Johnson, the same folks behind Karmin’s “Acapella.” Daughtry has often stated that he’s a big fan of comic books and superhero characters, so it makes sense that Superman somehow made it into his latest single.
Daughtry and his band have just a few tour dates lined up through the end of the year, including an Oct. 6 appearance at Bayfest in Mobile, Ala. For a full list of upcoming tour dates and more on Daughtry, visit the band’s official website.
Stream Daughtry’s New Single, ‘Waiting for Superman’:
- Daughtry Announces Best-of Album, ‘It’s Not Over…The Hits So Far’
- Daughtry, Goo Goo Dolls Teaming for Co-Headlining 2014 Summer Tour
- Daughtry, Bon Jovi Guitarist Richie Sambora and More to Play Hollywood Christmas Parade
- 3 Doors Down and Daughtry Announce Summer Tour
- Daughtry, Gaslight Anthem and Alex Clare Contributing Tracks to ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ Compilation