Death Cab for Cutie to celebrate ‘Transatlanticism’ 10th anniversary with special edition release
Death Cab for Cutie singer Ben Gibbard has kept busy this year celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Postal Service, his electro-pop duo with electronic musician Jimmy Tamborello. The two played Lollapalooza and played clubs and theaters throughout North America this summer on a commemorative tour. Now, Gibbard and the guys of Death Cab for Cutie and gearing up to celebrate another landmark: the 10th anniversary of the release of Death Cab for Cutie’s “Transatlanticism” album.
The group has dropped the news that they’ll unleash a reissue of “Transatlanticism,” called “Transatlanticism — Tenth Anniversary Edition,” this October. The special edition offers the original album, as well as a second CD packed with never-before-released demos of each track on “Transatlanticism,” recorded during sessions for the album.
The special edition of “Transatlanticism” will arrive in traditional stores, online and on vinyl beginning on Oct. 29. The two-disc vinyl edition of the package is available for pre-order now via the Barsuk website.
- Pearl Jam, Death Cab for Cutie Among 2016 Bonnaroo Lineup
- Death Cab for Cutie’s Ben Gibbard Gets Personal on New Album
- Death Cab for Cutie Announce New Album, ‘Kintsugi’
- Death Cab for Cutie’s Chris Walla Leaving the Band
- Death Cab for Cutie, fun., MGMT and More to Play Bumbershoot