Lorde releases her debut full-length album, ‘Pure Heroine,’ on Sept. 30
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde is only 16 years old, but she’s already a household name among alternative music fans. The musician recently hit No. 1 on the alternative chart with her single “Royals,” which is off her upcoming full-length album, “Pure Heroine.” Now, Lorde is giving fans another taste of the upcoming set by posting a stream of “Team” on her official channel. The song can be streamed below.
According to Lorde, “Team” is an autobiographical about her early years in New Zealand. “No one comes to New Zealand, no one knows anything about New Zealand, and here I am, trying to grow up and become a person,” she told Billboard. “I’ve been countering that with going to New York and seeing this place that’s in every movie and every TV show. Part of me wanted to go back to writing for me and for my friends and write something that I felt related to us a little bit.”
“Pure Heroine” will reach stores and online spots on Sept. 30. Lorde is also scheduled to go on tour in support of the release, starting things off with a show Sept. 24 at The Fonda Theater in Los Angeles. To glance through Lorde’s full touring roster, visit her official website.
Stream Lorde’s New Song, ‘Team’:
- Pearl Jam, Lorde, Beck and More to Play Austin City Limits
- Nirvana Perform with Joan Jett, Kim Gordon, Annie Clark and Lorde at Rock Hall Induction
- Arctic Monkeys, Lorde, Kings of Leon, Foster the People Set for Lollapalooza 2014
- Lorde Plans to Give Fans ‘Breathing Room’ Before Releasing New Songs
- Arcade Fire, Lorde and More Nominated for 2014 Woodie Awards