Lorde releases her debut full-length album, ‘Pure Heroine,’ on Sept. 30
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde is only 16 years old, but she’s already a household name among alternative music fans. The musician recently hit No. 1 on the alternative chart with her single “Royals,” which is off her upcoming full-length album, “Pure Heroine.” Now, Lorde is giving fans another taste of the upcoming set by posting a stream of “Team” on her official channel. The song can be streamed below.
According to Lorde, “Team” is an autobiographical about her early years in New Zealand. “No one comes to New Zealand, no one knows anything about New Zealand, and here I am, trying to grow up and become a person,” she told Billboard. “I’ve been countering that with going to New York and seeing this place that’s in every movie and every TV show. Part of me wanted to go back to writing for me and for my friends and write something that I felt related to us a little bit.”
“Pure Heroine” will reach stores and online spots on Sept. 30. Lorde is also scheduled to go on tour in support of the release, starting things off with a show Sept. 24 at The Fonda Theater in Los Angeles. To glance through Lorde’s full touring roster, visit her official website.
Stream Lorde’s New Song, ‘Team’:
- Lorde, Imagine Dragons and Bastille Score American Music Awards Nominations
- Lorde Releases New Single, ‘Yellow Flicker Beat’
- Lorde to Release New Single, ‘Yellow Flicker Beat,’ in September
- Pearl Jam, Lorde, Beck and More to Play Austin City Limits
- Nirvana Perform with Joan Jett, Kim Gordon, Annie Clark and Lorde at Rock Hall Induction