Metallica will screen their 3D film, ‘Metallica Through the Never,’ at Austin’s Fantastic Fest later this month
Earlier this week, Metallica announced that they will screen their upcoming “Metallica Through the Never” film on Sept. 17 at the Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center in San Rafael, Calif., in conjunction with the 36th annual Mill Valley Film Festival. Now, the band has dropped the news about another special screening of the film for fan that want to see the 3D movie before it reaches theaters nationwide.
“Metallica Through the Never” will be screened Sept. 25 at the Fantastic Fest film festival at the Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline in Austin. In addition to the viewing, the band’s announcement stated that the men have “a few surprises scheduled” for the event, which will be revealed in the coming weeks.
For those not attending the special screenings, “Metallica Through the Never” will reach every IMAX theater in North America for a full week beginning Sept. 27. Following the IMAX run, the film will reach additional theaters across the country beginning Oct. 4.
As for the film’s soundtrack, look for those tunes to arrive in stores and online on Sept. 24. The collection, “Metallica Through the Never (Music from the Motion Picture),” will feature 16 Metallica staples recorded last year at Metallica’s shows at Rexall Place in Edmonton and Rogers Arena in Vancouver, Canada.
- The Black Keys, Metallica, Dave Grohl and More to Play ‘The Concert for Valor’
- Metallica Announce Week-Long Residency on ‘The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson’
- Mother Love Bone, Metallica, Korn and Judas Priest Among Record Store Day Black Friday Offerings
- Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen, Metallica to Play ‘The Concert for Valor’
- Metallica, No Doubt, Deftones and Linkin Park to Play Inaugural U.S. Rock in Rio