A special mix of Nirvana’s ‘In Utero’ will arrive on vinyl on Black Friday in conjunction with Record Store Day’s November releases
By now, Nirvana enthusiasts are well aware that the pioneering grunge band’s third and final studio album, “In Utero,” is available in a deluxe 20th anniversary reissue. The set was released last month in honor of the 20-year landmark, and surviving band members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic were in full support of it.
Now, vinyl lovers can score a newly remastered and remixed version of the release on Nov. 29. The fresh version will be unleashed as a 45 RPM, 180-gram limited edition double vinyl on Black Friday in conjunction with Record Store Day’s “Back to Black” event. The release’s original producer, Steve Albini, mastered this new mix at the legendary Abbey Road Studios in London. The release also features some alternative artwork just for the reissue.
For more on the 20th anniversary set, head to Nirvana’s official website.
In other Nirvana news, Novoselic recently revealed that he laid down some bass lines for the upcoming Modest Mouse album. “It’s pretty edgy,” Novoselic told Spotify regarding his recording with Modest Mouse’s. “I’ve got my big Gibson bass and a Rat distortion pedal busting out … this bass riff.”
- Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain + Alice in Chains’ Layne Staley – Remembering the Legacy
- Smile Empty Soul’s Sean Danielsen Talks ‘Rarities,’ Covering Nirvana and More
- Nirvana Singer Kurt Cobain Would Have Turned 50 Years Old Today
- Nirvana Compilation ‘Incesticide’ Turns 25 in 2017
- Krist Novoselic on What Kurt Cobain Would Think of Modern Music