30 Seconds to Mars, Green Day, Linkin Park and Avicii were among the winners at the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards
Green Day took home Best Rock Band honors, beating out fellow rock acts Queens of the Stone Age, the Killers, Black Sabbath and Kings of Leon for the trophy. 30 Seconds to Mars snagged Best Alternative Band, coming out ahead of Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy, Franz Ferdinand and Paramore.
Linkin Park won Best World Stage, beating out 14 other artists from all musical genres: everyone from Alicia Keys to Jason Mraz to No Doubt. Meanwhile, Best Electronic honors went to Avicii, who was up against Afrojack, Calvin Harris, Daft Punk and Skrillex. The special Global Icon award went to Detroit-based rapper Eminem.
Kings of Leon performed at the show, playing their song “Beautiful War,” which appears on the band’s new album, “Mechanical Bull.”
For the full list of winners, head to MTV’s official website.
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Linkin Park Release Emotional Video for ‘Heavy’
- Linkin Park Announce New Album, ‘One More Light’
- Linkin Park Give New Album Update
- Green Day to Close Out North American Tour at the Rose Bowl