Foo Fighters will bring their rock to Mexico in December
Foo Fighters have been off the road ever since wrapping up a lengthy stint touring in support of 2011’s “Wasting Light,” but they’re gearing up to hit the stage for a special show this December. So, what’s the catch? You’ll have to travel to Mexico to see it. The group has announced that it will perform its very first concert in Mexico on Dec. 13 at Foro Sol in Mexico City.
Dave Grohl and company announced the show via their official Facebook page, posting a poster, written in Spanish, for the show and a video starring Grohl. Foo Fighters won’t be alone on the bill, either, as indie rock darlings the National will kick off the evening.
Tickets for the upcoming concert are currently on sale. No word yet on whether this show means the Foo are planning to play more gigs before the year wraps, but chances are they’ll stick with working on the upcoming album instead.
In other band news, Foo Fighters are currently working on their follow-up to “Wasting Light,” which scored an impressive six Grammy awards. Grohl has stated that the band’s as-yet-untitled eighth studio album should arrive sometime next year.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’