Congratulations to Imagine Dragons for scoring the Favorite Alternative Rock Artist trophy at the 2013 American Music Awards
Imagine Dragons are the hottest alternative rock band of the minute, according to the American Music Awards. The Las Vegas-based guys scored the trophy for Favorite Alternative Rock Artist at the 2013 edition of the awards show, which was held last weekend in Los Angeles.
It was the band’s first American Music Award. Frontman Dan Reynolds said the group could hardly believe they were getting served with the honors. “We’ve been a band for five years and to be here at the American Music Awards is…very surreal to us,” he said. “I feel very nervous. This is not a world we are used to…” He added some words of thanks to the band’s family, fans and record label.
The group also performed their biggest hits at the show, “Radioactive” and “Demons.”
Favorite Alternative Rock Artist is the only award the guys scored that night. The band was also up for New Artist of the Year and Favorite Band, Duo or Group — Pop/Rock.
In other Imagine Dragons news, the band recently released the music video for “On Top of the World,” the latest single off the band’s debut full-length, “Night Visions.” Watch the video here.
- Linkin Park, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy and More on Shazam’s New Music Discovery Program
- Imagine Dragons Fan Finds Band Merchandise Hidden in Nevada Desert
- Imagine Dragons Announce New Album, ‘Smoke + Mirrors’
- Lorde, Imagine Dragons and Bastille Score American Music Awards Nominations
- Imagine Dragons Contribute New Song to ‘Transformers’ Soundtrack