Watch Imagine Dragons’ music video for ‘On Top of the World’
Imagine Dragons have a new music video out for their tune “On Top of the World” off “Night Visions,” and the clip takes the guys back in history to a moment in time when man didn’t quite make it to the moon.
In the video, the Dan Reynolds-fronted group plays a collection of wacky astronauts who pretend to land on the moon back in 1969. The band members say goodbye to their loved ones and embark on a journey, which really just takes them to a spot where they film their fake trip into space with the help of a movie crew and President Richard Nixon. Pretty soon, it becomes obvious that the trip into space is completely phony, but that doesn’t seem to matter, as a group of fans swarm the stage to watch the guys perform “On Top of the World.”
“We had a good time shooting this video,” the band said in a statement. “It was inspired by some of our favorite movies, bands, and directors. We’ve always been into conspiracy theories, so we thought we’d create one of our own.”
Imagine Dragons are currently on the road in support of “Night Visions.” To check out the full list of upcoming tour dates, head to the band’s official website.
Watch Imagine Dragons’ Music Video for ‘On Top of the World’:
- Linkin Park, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy and More on Shazam’s New Music Discovery Program
- Imagine Dragons Fan Finds Band Merchandise Hidden in Nevada Desert
- Imagine Dragons Announce New Album, ‘Smoke + Mirrors’
- Lorde, Imagine Dragons and Bastille Score American Music Awards Nominations
- Imagine Dragons Contribute New Song to ‘Transformers’ Soundtrack