Arcade Fire are facing a busy 2014– one that’s packed with touring
Arcade Fire have been tapped to headline the June 27 lineup of next year’s Glastonbury Festival in England. The news came via a tweet from Arcade Fire featuring the band’s 2014 touring schedule, which included the Glastonbury date. Soon after the band tweeted out the news, the festival confirmed that Arcade Fire will be taking the headlining spot on the Pyramid Stage on June 27, which is the Friday night of Glastonbury.
Despite the significance of Arcade Fire’s announcement, it won’t change ticket sales, since Glastonbury is already sold out.
Arcade Fire are the second performer to drop the news of their stint at Glastonbury. Lily Allen announced that she would be performing at the 2014 addition of the festival back in November.
In other band news, Arcade Fire are set to tour North America next year, as well as make stops in New Zealand, Australia, England and Ireland. The band’s North American tour will kick off March 6 in Louisville, Ky. To view the band’s full 2014 tour schedule, visit Arcade Fire’s official website.
- Arcade Fire, Lorde and More Nominated for 2014 Woodie Awards
- Muse, Arcade Fire and Outkast to Headline 2014 Coachella Festival
- Arcade Fire Frontman Win Butler Says ‘Reflektor’ has No International Boundaries
- Arcade Fire, Linkin Park Score Big Billboard 200 Debuts
- Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire to Join Mick Jagger on ‘Saturday Night Live’