PBS’ ‘Austin City Limits’ has snagged Queens of the Stone Age, .fun and Portugal. the Man for upcoming episodes
PBS’ longstanding live music series “Austin City Limits” is entering the second half of its 39th season, and viewers will have lots to look forward to in terms of variety from the lineup. According to Rolling Stone, desert rockers Queens of the Stone Age will appear on an upcoming “Austin City Limits” episode, as well as alternative rockers fun. and Portgual. the Man. The new shows will start airing in January of 2014.
Josh Homme-fronted Queens of the Stone Age will set things off on Jan. 4, followed by fun. and Dawes on Jan. 18. Portugal. the Man will perform on the same episode as Local Natives, airing on Jan. 25.
Fans don’t have to wait until next month to get a glimpse of the upcoming music. “Austin City Limits” has a posted an exclusive online snippet of Queens of the Stone Age performing the track “Smooth Sailing,” off the band’s 2013 release, “…Like Clockwork.”
For more on the upcoming “Austin City Limits” season and to find local times, visit the program’s official website.
Watch Queens of the Stone Age Perform ‘Smooth Sailing’ on PBS’ ‘Austin City Limits’:
- Mastodon, Queens of the Stone Age Project Gone Announces Debut Album
- Gone is Gone Announce First Tour Dates
- Gone Is Gone, with Mastodon and Queens of the Stone Age Members, Announces EP
- Mastodon, Queens of the Stone Age, At the Drive-In Members form Gone Is Gone
- Queens of the Stone Age’s Josh Homme, Iggy Pop Team for New Album