Blink-182’s Travis Barker writing a book about his life
Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker has experience a lot during his rock star life, and now, he’ll ready to tell all. Barker posted a message on his Instagram page announcing that he’s writing a new memoir that will chronicle his life story rocking with his many bands: Blink-182, Box Car Races, Transplants and +44.
“I got a memoir I’ve been working hard on and it’s turning out awesome,” Barker explained. “It’s been very therapeutic for me to get this all out and into a book and hopefully it can inspire…people and help many as well. It’s coming out fall 2014, and I can’t wait to share it with y’all.”
New music may be on the way, too. Earlier this month, Barker posted a photo on Instagram showing him with a handful of high-profile rockers: Limp Bizkit’s Wes Borland, ex-Nine Inch Nails multi-instrumentalist Danny Lohner and Scroobius Pip. The photo caption read, “In the lab creating with these talented gentlemen @scroobiuspipyo @florinshordo and @dannylohner #goodtimes #goodpeople #goodmusic.” No details yet on when the new music will drop.
- Blink-182 to Reissue First Six Studio Albums on Vinyl
- Blink-182 Drummer Travis Barker Talks ‘California’
- Blink-182 Songs Get the Lullaby Treatment
- Blink-182 to Record New Album in an ‘Environment that’s Different,’ Says Tom DeLonge
- Blink-182 and Angels and Airwaves’ Tom DeLonge Releases Children’s Book