Jack White says he’s been working on two albums, and one is his
Jack White’s sophomore solo album may be out sooner than expected. According to a recent chat with members of his Third Man Records subscription series, called The Vault, the former White Stripes frontman is currently working on two new projects, and one sounds like a new solo album.
“I’m producing two albums this month, and finishing them,” he explained in the fan chat. “One of them is mine.”
White’s debut solo album, “Blunderbuss,” entered the Billboard 200 chart at No. 1, pushing 138,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. “Blunderbuss” also received a 2013 Grammy nomination for the Album of the Year.
As for the other album to which White was referring, it could possibly be the new Dead Weather release. The group has stated to expect the new album to arrive sometime in 2015. In the meantime, Vault members are slated to score a vinyl copy of the first two tracks from the new album — “Open Up (That’s Enough)” and “Rough Detective” — as part of the Vault series this month.
- Jack White to Receive Honors from Recording Academy Producers and Engineers
- Jack White Acoustic Album to Drop in September
- Jack White Has a Fan in Dolly Parton
- Pearl Jam Perform Surprise Gig with Jack White
- White Stripes’ ‘Peel Sessions’ to Drop on Record Store Day