Smashing Pumpkins ‘Adore’ reissue will offer five CDs of unreleased material, says producer Howie Weinberg
Producer Howie Weinberg has worked with the biggest names in rock. Weinberg is currently re-mastering the Smashing Pumpkins’ famed 1998 album “Adore” for a reissue, and he participated in a Reddit Q&A session and fielded some questions about working on the reissue and his career.
According to Weinberg, the “Adore” reissue will feature the mono versions and five extra CDs of unreleased material.
“Not sure why it has to be re-mastered because the original is perfect,” he said in the Q&A session. “All marketing decisions. How do sell a record twice? Re-master. They will be releasing the mono versions and five extra CDs of unreleased material, live stuff… Not sure when.”
When asked about his favorite musicians to work with in the studio, Weinberg said, “I love working with Billy Corgan because the two of us played air guitar together all day to his songs and LL Cool J because when we did a session he would rap along in the studio. Have a ton more! I don’t have any worst ones. I just have some not so great ones.”
On Corgan, Weinberg had nothing but glowing words. “Billy is one of the smartest dudes in the record business—he just keeps getter smarter,” he said.
- Smashing Pumpkins Reunite with James Iha for First Time in 16 Years
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’
- Billy Corgan Writes Tribute to Scott Weiland
- Billy Corgan: Radiohead Was the Last Band That Did Anything New With Guitar
- The Smashing Pumpkins Announce 2015 Acoustic Tour Dates